Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shine-radiate-emit

Today while I was at prayer group I had a compelling feeling I needed to share some words that came to me. But due to my own fears and my own inadequacies I did not feel strong enough to share what I had received. As I listened more and more to others share their messages,  I became more and more anxious to share what I had received as everything confirmed what I had written. But as I got more anxious, I also got more hesitant. I could feel my heart pounding. I could feel my pulse racing. I wanted to share but there was something holding me back. Mike and Rita kept asking if others had more to share. I kept silent even after I heard more words encouraging to share. I kept the words and the message to myself.

After prayer group I was approached by Maria. I do not know her well. I see her every week at group. In the few short weeks that I have seen her, I have seen a change in her that is amazing. I have seen her grow and become more bold in her faith. It as somewhere I knew she was not just a few weeks before. During group Maria had shared a word that I knew was speaking directly to me. I knew that these words were meant for me to hear. But still my own fear and my own human nature would not let me share the words I had written on my paper. When she approached me, she asked me directly what was the message I had to share. I was not sure exactly sure what she was referring to but in a small I knew. I knew the words she shared were meant for me to hear so I could be more bold and stronger in my faith. I showed her the words and message I had received during group. She asked me why I did not share during group. I told her of my fears and inadequacies and she reminded me that it is not about what I think I need to share but what God wants me to share.

I know now that I need to be more bold in my faith. More bold than I already am. More bold to share the truth that I know. More bold so those who do not believe can believe. I worry that others will see me and think that I am not sincere or genuine. Others will see my youthful appearance and think that I do not have the knowledge or experience to be able to share the word of truth. But Maria reminded me that it does not matter what others think. I should not worry that others do not believe me or in my sincerity. God has given me this faith and this fire and it is up to me to share. It is up to me to get the word out there for others to hear.

I am reminded of the lessons we learned tonight. I need to let the light inside of me burn bright. I need to let His light shine brighter. I need to go forth and witness.

Lord help me to shine-radiate-emit.

The message I wanted to share:

Radiate my love.
Let my love emit from your whole being.
Shine for me.

No comments: