Monday, December 27, 2010

Feast of the Holy Family and Happy birthday my love -- repost from marriage blog

http://amarriagefullofhope.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-birthday-my-love.html

Today as we celebrate the Feast of the Holy Family, we also celebrate my husband's birthday. I was so happy to attend Mass together with my husband not only on his birthday but also on a great feast day as well. We went to Mass at The Cathedral of St. Jude the Apostle in St. Petersburg.

Readings for Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph

First reading: Sirach 3: 2-6, 12-14
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 128: 1-2, 3, 4-5
Second Reading: Colossians 3: 12-21
Gospel: Matthew 2: 13-15, 19-23

Each reading today looked at the role of each member of the family with a lot of emphasis on the Father. We are given the qualities it takes to be a good family and good member of that family.

We both look to the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph as our prime example of what it means to be a family and the importance of a family. We know that not only do we possess the things we need to be the wife, mother, daughter, sister, husband, father, brother, and son that we are meant to be but we also know that God's grace is sufficient enough to be all these things.

I ask and pray as a blessing on my darling husband on this day of his birth that he may someday be the father that the Lord intended him to be. I ask St. Joseph to intercede for him. I pray that he may have the humble heart of St. Joseph to lead and his family and the Lord commands him.

Happy birthday to my amazing and wonderful husband!

No comments: