Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?

I'll never forget the day that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. It was November 6, 2007. I had attended a Life in the Spirit 2 day event at Holy Family Catholic Church. It was all a part of the Life in the Spirit and Charismatic Renewal. I had a chance to hear Father William Halbing speak. I did not know much about what was going to be said, but I knew I wanted to broaden my faith. So I went to check it out. Father Halbing that day was speaking about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. While listening to him I started to get scared. He was telling of the signs of the end of times. He was talking about the Rapture as well as the Antichrist. I began to get fearful. I began to think had I already given into the ways of the Antichrist. Have I been influenced by him and being deceived and drawn to the other side? Would I be left here on Earth when Christ came again? I did not want that. I did not want any part of that. I wanted to rejoice with God in heaven. I want to be taken up to heaven when Jesus comes again. I want to go with the believers. I do not want to remain here on Earth. I want to be with my family and friends that I love and those who have gone before me. I do not want to be left alone without the love of God. I knew that night that I had to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I knew it was through Him and Jesus alone that I was going to be able to enter the gates of heaven. I might not have known it or even thought of it as such at the time, but that is what I was doing. I was accepting Him as my Savior and guaranteeing me a spot in heaven at the end of times. I know that Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Light. No one shall come to the Father but through Him. While at the Charismatic conference a few weeks ago for the first time since accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior I was able to publicly declare Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. My life is infinitely blessed having done so. I am deeper and fuller in faith because of it. I am complete with Him and through Him. I will NEVER go back to my life before I knew Christ. It seems so far back and so long ago, but it really was not that long ago. I have always had faith having grown up as a cradle Catholic, but now this faith is my own. I have chosen to live out a life devoted and faithful to God. No one told me to do it. It is a decision I made on my own. I had help with a strong foundation from my parents, but I chose this life. I chose to live a life committed to Him. I had to lose my faith for some time in order for me to find it again. I had to search out and seek Him. I found Him again and He was there waiting for me the whole time. He was calling my name just waiting for me to answer. I am glad I finally heard the sweet sound of Him calling my name. I hope and pray that He continues to call my name and I hear that sweet whisper in my ear.

No comments: