Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rest for the body

We are reminded that we need to rest our bodies. We need to relax and take it easy sometimes. We need not try to accomplish everything at one time. God gives us the rest of our lives to evangelize and spread His Good News. I am reminded of this often by friends especially now that I have been go, go, go for the last 2 months non-stop. All of this non-stop go, go, go at work and for God has finally taken its toll on me. I am now sick. It is not the flu or fever but a cold that has me worn out. I am mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. The one good thing is that I am not spiritually exhausted. I could not feel more alive in the Spirit right now. I cannot make up for the times I was away from God. He rejoiced the day I chose to come back home to Him again. I should not try so hard to make others believe. I should not make myself the center or think that it is by my own means or power that people are being called back to the Lord, but it is by His power and will that they are turning their lives back to Him. I can inspire them through my sharing and experiences but I alone cannot sway them to come to know God as I have. The conviction in their hearts comes from God and God alone. He will convict them and create a desire in their hearts to know and seek Him. I must continue and spread The Word and tell others about God but it is up to them and by the power of the Holy Spirit that they shall come to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I am reminded that I cannot do this single handed in one day or a few months. It takes time. It all happens on God's time and by His master plan. So for now, I will step back and let the body rest and relax. I cannot serve the Lord if I am physically not well. My spirit is alive and well, but my body is weak and tired. What good am I to the Lord if I have no physical energy? I am reminded to take a break, step back, and relax. Let things happen in His time. He knows already all the people I will inspire. It will happen by the power of the Holy Spirit and not by my will. I am going to rest the body for now. I will come back again when I am completely healthy and physically ready to serve the Lord with my whole heart, my whole soul, and my whole mind. For now, I need rest. I find peace and comfort in the Lord that I shall overcome this cold and be well in order to continue to do His work.

Please pray for me.

No comments: