Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Let us give thanks

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we all probably have a lot to be thankful for. I know I do. So I wanted to start off by thanking those who have made a difference in my life and who have inspired me along the way. So here is my list of people I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

1) First and foremost, I am thankful to God Almighty. I owe my life to God. Everything I have and everything I am is because of God. Without Him, I am nothing.

2) I am thankful for family. I am thankful to my parents, my sisters, my brothers-in-law, my nieces, and my nephews. I am thankful for my grandparents. I am thankful for all my family both near and far. Mom and Dad: I thank you for all your love and support you have shown me through the years. I am thankful you raised me to be who I am. Marve Ann and Lauralee: I could not have asked for better sisters. I know we always have not gotten along all the time but I know I can count on you both to be there for me. Your love and support is much appreciated. Charles and Carl: We have had our share of disagreements. We have not always gotten along, but I know in recent times we have gotten along much better. I am thankful for all your words of advice. To the kids -- Lexy, Doc, Miranda, Chas, and Anna: You are so inspiring. You have taught me how to love. You mean the world to me. I am thankful to have you as nieces and nephews. To the Grandmas: Thank you for loving me. Thank you for inspiring me. I hope to live as long and fruitful as you both have. To family near and far: I know we do not see each other much but I am thankful for such a family. It is so nice to be a part of a big family.

3) I am thankful for JET. Christine and Johnerick you have made a difference in my life. You are MORE than just my friends. You ARE my sister and my brother. Your love and support means the world to me. Christine: I am so thankful that we have had this chance to be roommates. Your constant love and support is abounding. I am grateful to have you in my life. You have inspired me to want to be more and do more. Remember I am here for you always. Johnerick: I am so thankful that we are friends. Your friendship means a lot to me. You are a true and honest friend. I appreciate the loyalty and commitment to the friendship. I am inspired by you. You are an amazing man who will someday make someone very happy. JET is intact and strong!

4) I am thankful for the leaders of SFC -- Tina, Juve, Cahty J, Ate Chelly, and Ate Dobbie. Your faith is amazing and inspiring. You have helped me develop a stronger sense of faith and have helped me in my times of struggle. Tina: As I have said over the weekend, it may seem like we do not like each other. We may joke and tease but I know you love and care for me. I value our friendship. I appreciate all you have done for me. You are a true and amazing friend. Never lose the sense of humor. Juve: Thank you so much for listening to me when I need someone to listen. Thank you for all the words of advice. Thank you for being you and supporting me on this amazing journey. You were one of the first ones in SFC that I talked to and I am grateful. Cathy J: Your faith is amazing. I am inspired by you. I am encouraged by you. You have helped me to find and discover the meaning of true faith. I appreciate all you have done for me and SFC. Ate Chelly: You are the first one I opened up to in SFC. You are the first one to have seen and know about the changes that have happened in my life. I am inspired by your faith. You have been through much yet you never give up on your faith. You encourage me to continue on despite the many challenges we face in life. Continue to stay strong in your faith and inspire others. We miss you here and pray for the best for you and the boys. Ate Dobbie: You lead SFC with abounding faith. Your faith is to be admired. You are such an inspiration to me and everyone in SFC. Thank you for your guiding hand.

5) I am thankful to my SFC family. Everyone in SFC is so amazing. Every one's faith and commitment to God is so inspiring. I have never had a closer group of friends. To everyone I have met in SFC: Thank you for your faith and commitment to God. Thank you for your love and friendship. Let us always remember to stay accountable to one another.

6) I am thankful for my old Naples friends -- Ronald, Anne, Kris, Lindsay, and Jose. You guys are my rock. You are there for me always. Ronald and Anne: You both are true and honest friends. You have taught me how to love and not judge. You have hearts of gold. I have learned a lot from you and I hope and pray for the best for both of you. Kris: We have been through so much and yet our friendship still stands. You are an amazing friend. Your faith is to be admired. Stay close to God. I pray only for the best for you. Lindsay and Jose: I am inspired by your love for one another. You are true and loyal not just to one another but to your friends. I hope and pray for a future full of love, joy, and abundance.

7) I am thankful for old friends -- Chris, Anne, Liz, Clara, David and Taryn. I know I am not the best at staying in touch with you guys, but we have managed to stay connected somehow. I know I can count on you whenever I really need someone. Chris and Anne: To my two oldest and dearest friends. I have known both of you for well over 20 years. Can you believe that? 20 years is a long time. I hope that we can stay close as always. Liz and Clara: To my old college girls. It has been great keeping in touch with you via FB. We have so much more catching up to do. I miss the old days! David and Taryn: I am so bad at keeping in touch. I am glad we do get the chance to talk though every once in a while when I am in Naples. I hope to hear from you again soon.

8) I am thankful for new friends -- Ellen, Deborah, Missy, Mike, Victor, Ron, Shawna, and everyone else I have met recently. I have enjoyed meeting and making new friends. New friends help keep life refreshed and renewed. I have had great times with each one of you. I look forward to more great times together.

9) I am thankful for online friends. I have had the opportunity over the last few years to meet some really nice people online who have been a joy and pleasure to talk to. I am thankful to everyone I have met on the Internet who have been supportive of me on my journey through life.

10) I am thankful for old friends that I am no longer in touch with. There are too many of these to even list, but everyone of them have touched my life and made a difference. I will NEVER be the same person since they came into my life. My life is forever changed and affected by everyone that has come into and out of my life. I am thankful that I knew them at one point and the difference they have made in my life. I am always reminded to make new friends but keep the old. Sometimes it is not possible but we are still changed by everyone we meet. I have cherished every friend I have made whether I am still friends with them or not.

Let us give thanks to all who have made a difference in our lives.

No comments: