Sunday, October 19, 2008

Alive in Christ again

Originally written as a Facebook note. Copied to MySpace and Friendster blog. Written September 13, 2008.

Last night I attended our Singles for Christ joint household. I love attending households because they fill me up with God's graces. I feel so empowered by God as we sing praise and worship and pray together. It's an awesome feeling when God comes and fills you up with His awesome power and love. Last night, of course, was no different. It all started with a short prayer. I could feel God already entering my heart and filling me up. Then we sang a few songs of praise and worship. I really could feel my heart filling with God's awesome power and love. I felt refreshed. I felt renewed. I felt alive. When we broke up into our small groups I continued to be filled with God's awesome love and power. When I had the chance to pray out loud I could feel the passion for God in my voice. I felt so on fire for the Lord. I felt like Brother Carl on Soul Central at Wave Church in Virginia Beach. The more I prayed the more passionate I got. I could feel God moving through me and speaking through my mouth. It was my voice but it was God's words being spoken. God was truly using me as an instrument to minister to my felow brother and sisters. He was using me as an instrument to pray in thanks for His many gifts and for my friends and family. He was using me to speak of the wonderful gifts He has blessed me with in my life. I am so thankful for all these gifts. I am thankful that I can be a witness to God's awesome works. I am thankful for the changes He has made in my life. I am thankful for SFC which helps me to feel renewed in Christ. With every household, I am refreshed and renewed in Christ. I am transformed all over again. I can feel God working through me to continue to change me and heal me. Last night's household helped me to realize that I am a work in progress. My faith is continously growing and changing. With each passing day I grow more and more in love with Jesus Christ. The teaching helped me to see that I still have much work to do in my faith. Singing praise and worship and being able to pray outloud helped me to feel alive and empowered, but when I heard the teaching on loving our enemies I was brought back down to reality. I felt a little deflated even. I was so high on God's love but then felt that I was brought back down to the present. Although I had been deflated, I was still alive. Aliive in Christ. I was reminded that every day we work on our relationship with Christ. Everyday we grow. If and when the day comes when I am no longer growing in my relationship with Christ, then I must be dead. I must have hit that peak in my relationship when I am able to be home and one with the Lord. I am so thankful for the gift of faith. As I was sharing last night about how thankful I am for the changes God has made in my life I could see my fellow SFC sisters and brother acknowleding my growth in the Lord. I am thankful to be able to share this experience with them. I am thankful that they are present in my life. I am renewed in Christ at each household and I'm glad that the other members of SFC are there to see in my contiuous transformation. When I was sharing about how awesome this experience has been I could see my friend Tina looking a back at me and smiling. I know she was smiling because she has seen a great change in me. She has been there to witness to my growth and see how God has changed me and changed my lfe. I am so glad that I can be a light for others. I am so glad that I have found friends in SFC who have been there to be a witness to all the changes that God has made in my life. I was once lost and confused, but the Lord kept calling me by name. He kept calling me closer and closer to Him. And finally I heard and was drawn to Him. I am finally at home and at peace. The Lord continues to call my name. I am continuously transformed. My transformation in Christ continues. I am being transformed over and over again. I am renewed in Christ.I am being healed everyday through Christ. I am thankful for this change that God has made in my lfe. I am thankful for SFC. I am thankful that I am empowered in Christ. I am thankful that I am alive!

No comments: