Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thank you for inspiring me!

The two people who have inspired me to desire to know God more the most have been my Mom and my Mama Edad. Both have showed me a faith that is committed to God. They have showed me a faith that is strong.



I was very blessed to have grown up in a very Catholic home. I have had a very strong Catholic foundation. I have been blessed to have been able to attend 13 years of Catholic school. That education helped build the foundation for my strong Catholic faith. Mom in her faith has helped lay the foundation for my own faith. She grew up in a strong Catholic home where she had a good foundation. She carried that into her own family. When Mom joined the Daughters of Saint Francis de Sales, she gained a fire that I wanted. She had a faith so strong and I wanted to experience it too. She had gained a peace that I wanted to share in. Before I came to know God, she tried to light that fire in me by bringing me to a few of her monthly meetings. At the time I did not realize it but it is what started the fire in me for my own faith.



Mama Edad has always been one of my true inspirations. Not just in faith but in life. She has always been one of my heroes. She is an amazing woman. She has always been so humble. She taught so much growing up. She taught us arts and crafts. Her faith in God has inspired me. I love going to Church with her. She carries her little prayer books with her. She has her little prayers written in them. She is such an amazing woman that has been the matriarch of our family. She raised 6 children -- 5 daughters and one son. She has 19 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren. We have always had a close bond me and her. She holds a very special place in my heart.

Others who have inspired me through SFC

1 Tina
2 Juve
3 Ate Dobbie
4 Ate Chelly
5 Cathy J
6 Judylyn
7 JE
8 Christine

SFC has inspired me to grow in my faith. SFC has been there to love and support me in my growth and transformation in Christ. I am so lucky to have found such a good group where I can hold myself accountable. It is so amazing because now I am able to inspire those who have inspired me.

Thanks for the inspiration!

No comments: