Sunday, October 19, 2008

Surrender to God's Will

Originally written as a Facebook note. Copied to MySpace and Friendster. Written September 19, 2008

Have you surrendered yourself to God's will? Have you put all your faith and trust in the Lord? I have one piece of adivce... Surrender yourself to God's will. You'll never forget the day that you did. I am at a point in my life where I have totally and completely surrendered to God's will. I am no longer in control of my destiny. It's in the hands of God now. It's not about what I want or how I want it, but what God has planned for me and how He wants it done. It's His will not mine. I had plans in my head on how my life should be and where I wanted to go. I thought I knew what I wanted and how I wanted to get there. I had designed a plan for myself based on what I wanted and how I wanted it done. I now know that it's not about what I want and how I want it done, but what God wants and how He wants it done. I have surrendered to His way and His will and His ultimate plan for me. I have come to realize that His will is far better than any plan in my mind or any master plan of my design. His way is far better than any way we could have planned it. He makes all things happen in His time and His way and in ways that are best for us. He knows what is best for us. He allows all things to happen to us both good and bad. He allows them all to happen to make us stronger people and to witness to His awesome power. A lot of things have happened in my life. Both good things and bad things but they all happened by the grace and will of God. They have happened to make me a stronger person so that I can witness to God's grace. I have allowed God to use me and mold me into the person that He meant for me to be. I am becoming the person God has always wanted me to be. I have had faith before. I have always believed in God. I have had strong foundation in faith all my life. But I have NEVER have had tasted life like this. My life could not be going better than it is now. Sure I have my bad days. Life isn't always good times, but now I am better equipped to handle the bad days. I turn around and offer it up to God and He carries me through it. I put my trust and faith in Him and He gets me out of the bad times. He sees me through it. He guides me along the way. I offer it all up to Him. I allow Him to mold me. I am 100% open to His way and His will for me. I have opened my heart and my life to Him and I am in a much better place for it. I am happy. I have never been this happy. I couldn't want or hope for anything more in my life than what God has planned for me in the last few weeks. Life has never been this good. I have never been this happy. I have known peace and happiness before. In the past I had tried to obtain this same sense of peace and happiness in my, but on my own. I tried my will and my way, but it wasn't until I left it all up to God did I obtain that ulitmiate sense of peace and healing. He has done so many things in my life. I am a different person than I was this time a year ago. I am a different person than I was a few weeks ago. God has transformed me and He continues to do so. This transformation is not over. It goes on and on. He has healed me in ways I have not expected or even hoped for. He has changed and molded me in ways that I have not even yet prayed for. They were just mere thoughts in the back of my mind, but only God and God alone knew what was best for me. And He made them happen. He knew what was in my heart of hearts and He changed me. I have grown so much in the spirit over the last few months. I am so alive in the spirit. God ives in me. I live each day for God. I try and live out God's will for me everyday. I owe my life to God. I owe everything to Him. I owe my life and happiness to Him. I never knew life could be this good. I never knew I could have this much happiness in my life. I never knew I could have this much peace in my life. I can barely look back and imagine what my life was like before I knew God. The pain and struggles of the past will always be a part of me, but I'll never forget the day that I surrendered to God's will. I'll never forget it because that's the day I really began to live. Everything is just falling into place as God has it planned for me. I am truly thankful for all the family and friends who have inspired me on this journey. I am thankful for Johnerick and Christine who have been there for me through thick and thin. They have been there for me when I was down and out and it the pit of pits. They have been there to love and support me no matter what I was going through in my lfe. They have been my rock and support. I am thankful for people like Tina, Juve, Cathy J, Ate Dobbie, and Ate Chelly for inspiring me to have faith. For witnessing the awesome power of God and how He has worked in their lives. I saw all the amazing things He has done in their lives and I was inspired to strive for that same peace and happiness that can only be obtained by knowing the Lord.They have set an example for me of what it means to have faith. I never knew I could have faith like this. I never knew I could know and love the Lord as I do today. I never knew that I could be such an awesome witness to His awesome power. I could go on and on forever abuot how amazing God has been in my life, but I do have to get some rest and get to bed. I'm sure I'll write more later. I'm sure I'll have more to share about how God has continued to mold me and change me. I want to continue to be that light for Him. I want other to see the peace I have in my life and I want them to desire it.I want them to know that they can have it too. Just have to surrender to God and His will. You won't reget it.

No comments: