Sunday, October 19, 2008

I owe it all to God

Originally written as a Facebook note. Copied to MySpace and Friendster. Written on September 17, 2008

Amazing how your life changes when you put all your trust in the Lord. Its amazing how He can make things happen when you least expect it. It is awesome when you hope and pray for something to happen a certain way and God makes it happen but in His own way. You then come to realize that His way was far better than your way. It's not about our will but about God's will. He'll make things happen on His own time. We have to be open to His ways. We have to open to let Him work in us. We have to let God mold us and use us as His instruments. He'll make things right. He'll make things better. He'll get you through all the hard times. You have to ask Him and He'll take care of you. He always has your best interest at heart and He'll provide for you in ways you never knew or even expected. He'll give you blessing you didn't even ask for but He knew you needed them. He's an awesome God and He always is there to provide for us and guide us every step of the way. We have to ask God to be there with us and for us. We have to ask Him to help us do His great works whether its at work or through a Church group.

Life for me could not be any better than it is right now. A lot of things have changed for me over the past few months even the past few weeks. God has made some changes in my life. Some I had prayed for since I was young and some I didn't even ask for. One thing I did ask for was for Him to help me with my work so that I could be more productive. I already knew that I could produce quality work, but I wasn't able to meet productivity standards. My average was below 30 and well below the team average. I knew I was at risk but I didn't know that they were going to take action on it. Soon after my mid-year review, I was put on performance probation. This was a major stress for me because I had already been on attendance probation. I knew my job was on the line and if I didn't do something to make some drastic improvements then I could be out of a job. I was down. I was depressed. I was scared. My job was at risk and I knew I couldn't afford to lose it. The weekend after I was put on probation was CFC family assembly and while I was there I asked for Brother Stephen, Sister Myra, Ate Dobbie and Christine to pray over me. To give me the peace I needed to succeed at work and keep my job. They prayed over me and I cried. Brother Stephen talked to me for quite sometime about putting it in God's hands and letting Him carry me through this. I knew this was going to be hard. I had never thought about bringing my faith into my work. Work was work and my faith was faith and I didn't see how the two mixed. But I had to do something. So I prayed and asked God to get me through this. I asked Him to help me do better at work and be able to be more productive without forsaking the quality of work I do. The first day after was tough. I still had low numbers but as the days continued the numbers began to get higher and higher. Soon I was processing just over 30 per day which was already 5 more than I was averaging before. Within the first 3 weeks my average was already up to 33 which was just shy of the 10 per day increase that I needed. I continued to ask God for guidance and He saw me through it. He's there right beside me. Today I had another evaluation and my average is already up to 43. At this pace not only will I meet the probation goal of increasing my average by 10 per day, I'll also have reached the benchmark. I'll be averaging just about 45 per day which is what they expect of us. By the end of the year, I'll be averaging well over what they expect of us. I'm working my way not only getting off this probation but I'm working toward a bonus and raise at the end of the year. With the quality of work I do and the number I am producing, I have become a better tech who ranks right up there with the rest of the team. I'm right there at the team average and it's only going to get better from here.

When I gave my transformation in Christ talk a while back ago I spoke mainly of healing from the pains of the past. Healing and peace that I have never had in my life. I had finally come to accept the past and forgive and move on. It had been a long time coming and I never knew that God and God alone could heal me of the pain and anger that I held deep inside. I wasn't asking for healing but God granted me healing. He healed me not only of the pains of my past but of my bipolar, too. I didn't ask for it but He gave it. I have been med free for more than 6 weeks now and I feel great. I feel like a different person. I truly believe that a miracle has taken place and God has healed all the brokenness in my life. I am finally at peace. Everything in life is starting to fall into place. I have never felt this happy or this at peace. I know matter what life has in store whether it is good or bad I am better equipped to handle it. Better equipped because I have God and Jesus on my side who have been there for me and carried me through some of the toughest times of my life. My faith in God has grown tremendously. I am truly thankful for all that God has done in my life and for the many blessings He has blessed me with. God is truly an awesome God. He raises the dead and brings them back to life. I was so full of anger and bitterness and now there is nothing left but peace and comfort and healing. He has come and washed away all my sin and guilt. He has cleansed me. I am whole again. Everyday He is transforming me. Everyday He is revealing His awesome power whether its through work or friends. Everyday I'm able to see the awesome power of God. I continue to let him mold me and change me. I continue to look to SFC and the rest of my Christian friends for support and to lift me up. I have come not only to know of the Lord but to know the Lord. I have a deeper and more intimate relationship with Him and I'm thankful. He has made wonderful changes in my life and I'll forever be thankful.

I cannot begin to put into words how it feels to be alive in Christ although I have written quite a lengthy note. . I am so alive in Christ right now. I am so in love with Jesus Christ. Life is great. Everything is just falling into the right place. God has been so good to me and I am blessed. I owe my life to God. I owe this new found happiness to God and God alone. For a long time I wasn't ready to accept healing and change, but God was always there ready and waiting for me to give my life to Him I wasn't ready to surrender to His will. Slowly but surely He molded me and healed me. I have given my life to Him. I owe Him all the thanks and praise that He deserves. There once was a time when I thought I couldn't count my blessing on one hand and now I have not enough fingers and toes to count the many blessings I have in my life. God is truly an awesome God. Thank you God for everything you have blessed me in my lifetime but especially in the last few weeks. God you are an amazing God. I am thankful to know you and have that personal relationship with you. Thank you for never turning your back on me even though I have turned my back on you many times in my life. You have never forgotten mo or forsaken me. I am thankful to you for everything and the presence you are in my life. Without you Lord I am no one. I am nothing without you. Thank you for changing my life and healing me everyday! I love you Lord!

No comments: